WILLIAM BYRNES was the son of Irish convict CATHERINE BYRNES and an unnamed father. His mother died during or soon after WILLIAM’s birth and WILLIAM himself also died at the Parramatta Female Factory. He was buried in an unmarked grave in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta on 8 September 1833, with a recorded age of 3 months old.
- Born: c. June 1833 (probably at the lying-in hospital, Parramatta Female Factory)
- Baptised: His mother was Catholic and, as his baptism is not recorded at St. John’s, it is most likely he was baptised at St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church, North Parramatta. Further research required to confirm.
- Mother CATHERINE BYRNES died: c. 3 July 1833, Parramatta Female Factory
- Mother CATHERINE BYRNES buried: 3 July 1833, unmarked grave, parish of St. John’s, Parramatta
- WILLIAM BYRNES died, recorded age 3 months old: c. 8 September 1833, Parramatta Female Factory
- WILLIAM BYRNES buried: 8 September 1833, unmarked grave, parish of St. John’s, Parramatta
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.