Convict woman tried and convicted at the Old Bailey at the age of sixteen for stealing money from her master and sentenced to seven years transportation per Planter (2) (1839). Later incarcerated at the Parramatta Female Factory. Mother of ISABELLA OVER.
- Alternate: SUSAN OWEN
- Born: 1822, London, England
- Tried and convicted of stealing from master: 18 June 1838, Old Bailey, London
- Sentenced to seven years transportation
- Sailed to the colony of New South Wales per Planter (2): 10 November 1838, Portland
- Arrived in the colony of New South Wales per Planter (2): 9 March 1839, Port Jackson
- Daughter ISABELLA OVER born: 18 April 1842, lying-in hospital, Parramatta Female Factory
- Daughter ISABELLA OVER baptised: 24 April 1842, St. John’s Church, Parramatta
- Received Ticket of Leave: 7 April 1843, Bathurst, New South Wales
- Received Certificate of Freedom: 30 August 1845,
- Washerwoman (not Laundress)
- Height: 5 feet 3/4 inches
- Make: Stout
- Complexion: Fair, Ruddy
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Hazel grey
- General Remarks: forehead pockpitted, pockpit under the right eye, horiztonal scar under left eye, scar under right nostril. Long scar over left eyebrow. Raised mole right side of neck. Could read but did not write.
- Home Office, Criminal Registers, Middlesex, Series HO 26, (The National Archives of the UK (TNA), Kew, Surrey, England).
- New South Wales Government, Annotated printed indents (i.e., office copies), NRS 12189, microfiche 739, (State Records Authority of New South Wales, Kingswood, New South Wales, Australia).
- New South Wales Government, Butts of Certificates of Freedom. NRS 1165, 1166, 1167, 12208, 12210, reels 601, 602, 604, 982-1027, (State Records Authority of New South Wales, Kingswood, New South Wales).
- New South Wales Government, Convict Records: Colonial Secretarial Register of Sentences Remitted, 1838–1841, Volume: 4/4544, (State Records Authority of New South Wales, Kingswood, New South Wales).
- New South Wales Government, Tickets of Leave, 1810–1875, Series: NRS 12202; Item: [4/4176], (State Records Authority of New South Wales, Kingswood, New South Wales).
- Old Bailey Proceedings Online (www.oldbaileyonline.org, version 8.0), 18 June 1838, trial of SUSAN OVER (t18380618-1409), accessed 3 October 2018.
- Parish Baptism Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- The Digital Panopticon (https://www.digitalpanopticon.org/, version 1.1), Susan Over Life Archive (ID: obpdef1-1409-18380618). accessed 3 October 2018.
Note: This profile is a stub. More information will be added in due course.