SARAH DOUGLASS was a “spinster’s” child who died at the Parramatta Female Factory and was buried in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta on 8 September 1836 with a recorded age of ten weeks old. Parentage not recorded.
It is possible that this SARAH DOUGLASS was the child who was born at the Parramatta Female Factory on 28 June 1835 and baptised ELIZABETH DOUGLASS at St. John’s Church, Parramatta on 2 August 1835, the child of convict ELIZABETH DOUGLASS. Further research needed to confirm, but the ages and the surname do match up.
- Born: c. late June 1835
- Died: c. 8 September 1835, Parramatta Female Factory, recorded age 10 weeks old
- Buried: 8 September 1835, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Unmarked grave, exact location in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta unknown.
- Parish Baptism Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
# Convict’s Child
# Parramatta Female Factory
# Death Place: Parramatta Female Factory
# Burial Year: 1835
# Grave: unmarked