Convict’s child who was born and died at the Parramatta Female Factory. SARAH was one of a set of twin girls born to convict ANN COLWELL and an unnamed father. The twins’ mother died soon after giving birth and was buried in the parish of St. John’s on 5 September 1840. One of the twin girls also died age 2 weeks old, and the other died aged 2 years old. It is not clear which daughter died first, as both girls were incorrectly recorded as “MARY ANN COLWELL” on the St. John’s parish burial records.
- Alternate: MARY ANN COLWELL
- Alternate: MARY ANN COLVILLE
- Alternate: SARAH COLVILL
- Alternate: SARAH COLVILLE
- Alternate: SARAH COLVELLE
- Born: 13 July 1840, lying-in hospital, Parramatta Female Factory
- Baptised: 30 August 1840, St. John’s Church, Parramatta
- May have been the twin who died at the Parramatta Female Factory on 31 August 1840 and was buried 2 September, or the other twin who died at the Factory c. 7 July 1842.
- Buried: in either September 1840 or July 1842, in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta
- Parish Baptism Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
# Convict’s child
# Birth Place: Parramatta Female Factory
# Death Place: Parramatta Female Factory
# Grave: unmarked