Nathaniel Lovell was the child of a Parramatta Female Factory convict. He was most likely born at the Female Factory in April 1831 and died there in early May 1832, aged 13 months. He was buried on 11 May 1832 by the Officiating Minister R. Forrest in an unmarked grave at St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta. The exact location of his unmarked grave in the cemetery is unknown. Nathaniel may have actually been LEWIS LOVELL; the child of Romani beggar woman SAPY LOVELL, transported per Louisa (1827) and another Romani convict LEWIS BOSWELL, of the Hyde Park Barracks, transported per Surrey I (4) (1823).
- Alternate: LEWIS LOVELL (Source: St. John’s baptism register) – if “Nathaniel” and “Lewis Lovell” are one in the same
- Born: 26 April 1831, Parramatta Female Factory, lying-in hospital
- Baptised: 3 July 1831 by REVEREND SAMUEL MARSDEN, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta as “Lewis Lovell”
- Died: May 1832, Parramatta Female Factory, as “Nathaniel Lovell”
- Buried: 11 May 1832 by Officiating Minister R. Forrest, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta as “Nathaniel Lovell”
- Unmarked grave, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta, exact location unknown.
- Child of SAPY LOVELL, convict per Louisa (1827)
- Child of LEWIS BOSWELL, convict per Surrey I (4) (1823)
- Half-brother of LOUIS LOVELL
Beggar Woman: Sapy Lovell (2016)
Abstract: A biography about the Romani convict Sapy Lovell who was likely Nathaniel Lovell’s mother. more>>
Thief: Lewis Boswell (2016)
Abstract: A biography about the Romani convict Lewis Boswell who was likely Nathaniel Lovell’s father. more>>
- Cherryseed, “Beggar Woman – Sapy Lovell,” Tinker – Tailor – Soldier – Sailor –, (2016) https://cherryseed.wordpress.com/beggar-woman-sapy-lovell/, accessed 11 November 2016
- Cherryseed, “Thief – Lewis Boswell,” Tinker – Tailor – Soldier – Sailor –, (2016) https://cherryseed.wordpress.com/thief-lewis-boswell/, accessed 11 November 2016
- Parish Baptism Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church, Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
# Convict’s Child
# Parramatta Female Factory
# Place of Birth: Parramatta Female Factory
# Place of Death: Parramatta Female Factory
# Burial Year: 1832
# Grave: unmarked