MARY GRIFFITH died at the Parramatta Female Factory in 1840. No ship was recorded next to her name in the burial register, therefore it is not possible to fully identify her from this source alone. Further research required. Her name may have been misspelt or incomplete, too, as there are convicts named MARY GRIFFIN, MARY GRIFFITHS, and MARY ANN GRIFFITHS.
Perhaps it was merely coincidently but, interestingly, there was a six-month-old baby with the same name, MARY GRIFFITH, who died at the Parramatta Female Factory four years earlier to the day.
- Born: c. 1811 (calculated from age recorded on burial record. May be inaccurate)
- Died: 25 October 1840, Parramatta Female Factory
- Buried: 25 October 1840, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Unmarked grave, exact location in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta unknown.
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
# Parramatta Female Factory
# Death Place: Parramatta Female Factory
# Burial Year: 1840
# Grave: unmarked