MARY ANN RIDGLEY was a convict tried and convicted at the Salop Assizes, Shropshire, England for robbing her master of money and sentenced to be transported for seven years per Mary III (5) (1835). who died at the Parramatta Female Factory. In the colony MARY ANN married free man JAMES FRANKLIN (I). The couple had a son JAMES FRANKLIN (II), but he predeceased his mother, dying at the Factory on 4 May 1839.
- Alias: ANN RIDGLEY
- Alternate: MARY RIDGLEY
- Alternate: MARY ANN RIDGELEY
- Married name: MARY ANN FRANKLIN
- Alternate: ANNE FRANKLIN
- Born: c. 1809
- Tried and convicted: Shropshire Quarter Session, 13 October 1834
- Sailed to the colony of New South Wales per Mary III (5): 16 April 1835, London
- Arrived in the colony of New South Wales per Mary III (5): 6 September 1835, Port Jackson, New South Wales
- Received permission to marry free man JAMES FRANKLIN (I): 1837
- Son JAMES FRANKLIN (II) born: 27 March 1839
- Son JAMES FRANKLIN (II) baptised: 14 April 1839, St. John’s Church, Parramatta
- Son JAMES FRANKLIN (II) died: 4 May 1839, Parramatta Female Factory, age 5 weeks old.
- Son JAMES FRANKLIN (II) buried: 6 May 1839, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Died: c. 23 May 1839, Parramatta Female Factory
- Buried: 23 May 1839, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Unmarked grave, exact location in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta unknown.
- Wife of JAMES FRANKLIN (I) (m. 1837)
- Mother of JAMES FRANKLIN (II)
- Maid of all work
- Height: five feet and one inch
- Complexion: Dark ruddy
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Hazel
- General Remarks: scar back of forefinger of left hand, two scars back of left thumb
- Literacy: Could neither read nor write
- Prior convictions: (1) one month
- New South Wales Government, Annotated printed indents (i.e., office copies), NRS 12189, Item: [X637], Microfiche: 715, (State Records Authority of New South Wales, Kingswood, New South Wales, Australia).
- New South Wales Government, Registers of convicts’ applications to marry, Series 12212, Item: 4/4512, Page: 238 (State Records Authority of New South Wales, Kingswood, New South Wales, Australia).
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
# Punishment: Seven Years Transportation
# Ship: Mary III (5) (1835)
# Parramatta Female Factory
# Death Place: Parramatta Female Factory
# Burial Year: 1839
# Grave: unmarked