HANNAH BARNET was a convict’s child who died at the Parramatta Female Factory and was buried in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta on 23 February 1832, aged four months old. Parentage not recorded. May have been the child of Old Bailey convict SUSAN SMITH (aka SUSAN BARNETT) who was transported per Grenada (4) (1827). Further research required.
- Born: c. November 1831 (calculated from age recorded at death)
- Died: c. 23 February 1832, Parramatta Female Factory
- Buried: 23 February 1832, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Unmarked grave, exact location in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta unknown.
- Old Bailey Proceedings Online (www.oldbaileyonline.org, version 8.0), 12 January 1826, trial of SUSAN BARNETT (t18260112-14), accessed 17 October 2018
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- The Digital Panopticon (https://www.digitalpanopticon.org/, version 1.1), Susan Barnett Life Archive (ID: obpt18260112-14-defend163), accessed 17 October 2018.
# Convict’s Child
# Parramatta Female Factory
# Death Place: Parramatta Female Factory
# Burial Year: 1832