FRANCES ISHERWOOD was a convict’s child who died at the Parramatta Female Factory and was buried in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta in 1833 with a recorded age of eighteen months old. She was the child of ANN ISHERWOOD, a convict per Diana (1833) and an unnamed father.
- Born: c. 1832
- Embarked with mother ANN ISHERWOOD on convict transport Diana: > 29 October 1832, Woolwich, England
- Mother and daughter sailed to the colony of New South Wales per Diana: 11 December 1832
- Mother and daughter arrived in the colony of New South Wales per Diana: 25 May 1833, Port Jackson, New South Wales
- Died: c. 14 September 1833, Parramatta Female Factory
- Buried: 14 September 1833, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Unmarked grave, exact location in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta unknown.
- James Ellis, Journal of His Majesty’s Convict Ship Diana, J. Ellis Surgeon, between the 29th day of October 1832 and the 19th June 1833, Admiralty and predecessors: Office of the Director General of the Medical Department of the Navy and predecessors: Medical Journals (ADM 101, 804 bundles and volumes). Records of Medical and Prisoner of War Departments. Records of the Admiralty, Naval Forces, Royal Marines, Coastguard, and related bodies, (The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey).
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
# Convict’s Child
# Parramatta Female Factory
# Death Place: Parramatta Female Factory
# Burial Year: 1833
# Grave: unmarked