Convict’s child who lived at the Parramatta Female Factory. Child of convict CHARLOTTE DAVENPORT née PLATT. Father’s name not recorded in the baptism entry; however, while we cannot outright assume it, ELLEN may have been the daughter of CHARLOTTE’s husband SAMUEL DAVENPORT, himself a convict per Asia I (1) (1820).
- Born: 22 April 1838, likely at the lying-in hospital, Parramatta Female Factory
- Baptised: 13 May 1838, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- The Digital Panopticon (www.digitalpanopticon.org, version 1.1), SAMUEL DAVENPORT Life Archive, (ID: obpt18200517-86-defend940), accessed 28 August 2018.
- Old Bailey Proceedings Online (www.oldbaileyonline.org, version 8.0), 17 May 1820, trial of SAMUEL DAVENPORT (t18200517-86), accessed 28 August 2018.
- Parish Baptism Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Parish Marriage Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
Note: This profile is a stub. More information will be added in due course.