ELIZABETH LESURFE was a convict who was tried and convicted at the Old Bailey, London on 2 December 1812 and sentenced to seven years transportation per Wanstead (1814). On arrival in the colony, ELIZABETH was sent to the first Parramatta Female Factory, i.e. the Factory Above the Gaol, which was located at present-day Prince Alfred Square, Parramatta, including land now occupied by the Riverside Theatres.
- Alternate: ELIZABETH LESUREE (c.f. Old Bailey trial transcript)
- Alternate: ELIZABETH LE SURF
- Alternate: ELIZABETH LE SURFE
- Possible alias: ELIZABETH PARKER (c.f. 1828 Census)
- Born: 1788
- Married WILLIAM LESURFE
- Gave birth to a child
- Worked at brothers, winding quills while husband was “at sea”: November 1812
- Stole items from leased rooms and sold them: 10 November 1812, No 10 Turk-street Bethnal Green London, England
- Tried and convicted: 2 December 1812, Old Bailey, London, England
- Sentenced to seven years transportation: 2 December 1812 Old Bailey, London, England
- Sailed to the colony of New South Wales per Wanstead: 24 August 1813, Spithead, England
- Arrived in the colony of New South Wales per Wanstead: 9 January 1814, Port Jackson, New South Wales
- Forwarded to the first Parramatta Female Factory, the Factory Above the Gaol: 13 January 1814, Factory Above the Gaol, (present-day Prince Alfred Square, Parramatta)
- Wife of WILLIAM LESURFE
- Mother of unidentified child, London, England
- New South Wales Government, Copies of letters sent within the Colony, Series 937, Reels 6004-6016, (State Records Authority of New South Wales, Kingswood, New South Wales, Australia).
- New South Wales Government, 1828 Census: Householders’ returns [Population and Statistics, Musters and Census Records, Census, Colonial Secretary], Series 1273, Reels 2551-2552, 2506-2507, (State Records Authority of New South Wales. Kingswood, New South Wales, Australia).
- Old Bailey Proceedings Online (www.oldbaileyonline.org, version 8.0), trial of ELIZABETH LESUREE (t18121202-47), accessed 11 December 2018.
- The Digital Panopticon (https://www.digitalpanopticon.org/, version 1.1), Elizabeth Lesuree Life Archive (ID: obpt18121202-47-defend532) accessed 11 December 2018.
# Trial Place: Old Bailey
# Punishment: Seven Years Transportation
# Ship: Wanstead (1814)
# Factory Above the Gaol
This profile is a stub. Further information will be added in due course.