CHARLOTTE BEASLEY was a convict who was tried and convicted at the Old Bailey transported for life per Numa (1834). In the colony, CHARLOTTE was incarcerated at the Parramatta Female Factory. She was the mother of GEORGE BEASLEY and JANE BEASLEY who were both Factory babies.
- Alternate: CHARLOTTE BEASLY
- Alternate: CHARLOTTE BEAZLEY
- Born: 1813, London, England
- Allegedly stole sheets, a glazier’s diamond, money, and banknotes from her master: 16 May 1833, London, England
- Tried for theft from a specified place: 4 July 1833, Old Bailey London
- Found guilty, trial outcome unknown
- Tried and convicted for stealing: 17 August 1833, Old Bailey, London, England
- Sentenced to transportation for life
- Sailed to the colony of New South Wales per Numa: 29 January 1834, Portsmouth
- Arrived in the colony of New South Wales per Numa: 13 June 1834, Port Jackson, New South Wales
- Son GEORGE BEASLEY born: 21 May 1836
- Son GEORGE BEASLEY baptised: 3 July 1836, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta. Recorded as being attached to the Female Factory.
- Son GEORGE BEASLEY died, aged six months: c. 6 December 1836, Parramatta Female Factory
- Son GEORGE BEASLEY buried: 6 December 1836, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Daughter JANE BEASLEY born: late December 1838–early January 1839, likely at the lying-in hospital, Parramatta Female Factory
- Daughter JANE BEASLEY died, aged three weeks: 19 January 1839, Parramatta Female Factory
- Daughter JANE BEASLEY buried: 19 January 1839, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Old Bailey Proceedings Online (www.oldbaileyonline.org, version 8.0), 4 July 1833, trial of CHARLOTTE BEAZLEY (t18330704-28), accessed 17 October 2018.
- Old Bailey Proceedings Online (www.oldbaileyonline.org, version 8.0), 17 August 1833, trial of CHARLOTTE BEAZLEY (t18330817-30), accessed 17 October 2018.
- Parish Baptism Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- The Digital Panopticon (https://www.digitalpanopticon.org/, version 1.1), Charlotte Beazley Life Archive (ID: obpt18330704-28-defend353), accessed 17 October 2018.
# Trial Place: Old Bailey
# Punishment: Transportation for Life
# Ship: Numa (1834)
# Parramatta Female Factory
# Repeat Offender