CATHERINE SMITH was a convict’s child who died at the Parramatta Female Factory in 1835 with a recorded age of fourteen days old. She was buried in an unmarked grave in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta, exact location unknown. Parentage not recorded. Was probably the twin sister of CAROLINE SMITH, who also died at the Factory in May 1835, aged three months old.
- Born: c. 10 February 1835, likely at the lying-in hospital, Parramatta Female Factory (calculated from age recorded at death. May be inaccurate)
- Died: c. 24 February 1835, Parramatta Female Factory
- Buried: 24 February 1835, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Unmarked grave, exact location in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta unknown.
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
# Convict’s Child
# Parramatta Female Factory
# Death Place: Parramatta Female Factory
# Burial Year: 1835
# Burial Place: St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
# Grave: unmarked