CATHERINE McGORMAN was the child of Irish convict ROSE McGORMAN. Both mother and child died at the Parramatta Female Factory within a couple of weeks of each other, with ROSE predeceasing CATHERINE. Both were buried in unmarked graves in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta.
- Born: c. November 1831, possibly at the Parramatta Female Factory’s lying-in hospital
- Baptised: possibly at St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church (further research required)
- Mother ROSE McGORMAN died: c. 31 January 1832, Parramatta Female Factory
- Mother ROSE McGORMAN buried: 31 January 1832, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- CATHERINE McGORMAN died: c. 18 February 1832, Parramatta Female Factory, recorded age 3 months old.
- CATHERINE McGORMAN buried: 18 February 1832, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Unmarked grave, exact location in the parish of St. John’s, Parramatta unknown.
- Child of ROSE McGORMAN
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
# Convict’s child
# Parramatta Female Factory
# Death Place: Parramatta Female Factory
# Burial Year: 1832
# Grave: unmarked