ANN WESTWATER was a Scottish convict transported per Princess Charlotte (2) (1827) and incarcerated repeatedly at the Parramatta Female Factory where she eventually gave birth to daughter ISABELLA MacCLOUD WESTWATER. She also gave birth to a son, WILLIAM WESTWATER, in July 1835. At the time of WILLIAM’s baptism, he was recorded as being connected to the Parramatta Female Factory. Just over a year later, in 1836, ANN married WILLIAM LAW.
- Alternate: ANNE WESTWAKE (c.f. St. John’s baptism register)
- Alternate: ANNE WESTLAKE (c.f. St. John’s baptism register)
- Alternate: ANNE WESTWATER (c.f. St. John’s baptism register)
- Married name: ANN LAW
- Tried: Edinburgh Court of Justiciary, 11 December 1826
- Sentenced to 14 years transportation per Princess Charlotte (2): 11 December 1826
- Sailed to Colony of New South Wales per Princess Charlotte (2): 31 March 1827, Woolwich, England
- Arrived in the Colony of New South Wales per Princess Charlotte (2): Port Jackson, 6 August 1827
- “Given up by her Master”: Sydney Gaol, 27 October 1828
- Sent to Parramatta Female Factory for reassignment: First class, 5 November 1828
- “Given up by her Master”: Sydney Gaol, 11 May 1829
- Sent to Parramatta Female Factory for reassignment: First class, 12 May 1829
- Admitted to gaol for “Drunkenness, Stealing, and Assault”: Sydney Gaol, 20 October 1829
- Sent to Parramatta Female Factory: Third class for three months, 20 October 1829
- Appeared in The Australian “Police Incidents” column: 23 October 1829, Sydney, New South Wales (p18291023-2)
- Gave birth to daughter, ISABELLA McLOUD: 15 June 1831
- Daughter, ISABELLA McLOUD baptised: 1 April 1832, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Son WILLIAM WESTWATER born: 22 July 1835
- Son WILLIAM WESTWATER baptised: 4 October 1835, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Married WILLIAM LAW per Eliza III (1) (1828): 6 October 1836, St. John’s Church, Parramatta
- Female Factory Online (www.femalefactoryonline, 2019), 23 October 1829, Law Report of ANN WESTWATER (p18291023-2).
- Parish Baptism Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- “POLICE INCIDENTS,” The Australian (Sydney, NSW : 1824 – 1848) Friday 23 October 1829, p. 4
Note: This profile is a stub. More information will be added in due course.