ANN LEECH (I) was a convict woman who was tried and convicted at the Old Bailey, London on 17 August 1835 and sentenced to seven years transportation per Henry Wellesley (1) (1836). Her daughter, ANN LEECH (II), who also travelled to the colony on the ship, died soon after arrival in the colony at the Parramatta Female Factory.
- Alternate: ANN LEACH
- Alternate: ANNE LEACH
- Alternate: ANNE LEECH
- Born: c. 1813, Woolwich, England
- Tried and convicted for man robbery: 17 August 1835, Old Bailey, London
- Sentenced to seven years transportation
- Sailed with daughter ANN LEECH (II) to the colony of New South Wales per Henry Wellesley (1): 7 October 1835
- Arrived with her daughter ANN LEECH (II) in the colony of New South Wales per Henry Wellesley (1): 7 February 1836, Port Jackson, New South Wales
- Daughter ANN LEECH (II) died: c. 14 March 1836, Parramatta Female Factory
- Daughter ANN LEECH (II) buried: 14 March 1836, St. John’s Parish, Parramatta
- Plain cook
- Laundry maid
- Maid of all work
- Height: 5 feet 5 ½ inches
- Complexion: Ruddy and freckled
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Grey
- General Remarks: Lost two upper front teeth, two moles back of right cheek, scar back of little finger of left hand, bell of right ear split
- Education: none
- Prior convictions: none
- New South Wales Government, Annotated printed indents (i.e., office copies), Series: NRS 12189; Item: [X638]; Microfiche: 719, (State Records Authority of New South Wales, Kingswood, New South Wales, Australia).
- Old Bailey Proceedings Online (www.oldbaileyonline.org, version 8.0), 17 August 1835, trial of MARY ROSS and ANN LEECH (t18350817-1902), accessed 22 October 2018.
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- The Digital Panopticon (www.digitalpanopticon.org, version 1.1), Ann Leech Life Archive (ID: obpdef2-1902-18350817), accessed 22 October 2018.
# Trial Place: Old Bailey
# Punishment: Seven Years Transportation
# Ship: Henry Wellesley (1) (1836)
# Parramatta Female Factory